- The Warden- Leader of the group and newest Grey Warden in Ferelden.
- Alistair- Junior Grey Warden and closest friend of The Warden. He can also become a king.
- Morrigan- Witch of the Kocari Wilds.
- Sten- Captured Qunari
- Leliana- An Orlesian bard who came to Fereden to hide from her past
- Oghren- A drunk but powerful dwarf warrior of Orzammar and the ex-husband of Paragon Branka
- Dog- The most faithful hound of The Warden.
- Wynne- An old senior mage of the circle and a survivor from the Ostagar battle
- Zevran- A assassin who was sent to kill The Warden and their allies. He can become a companion if he was spared.
- Shale- A dwarf-turned-golem who was frozed as a statue for many years
- Teryn Loghain Loghain can become a companion in cost of Alisatir's place in the team. He is a champion after the Orlesian war and became a teryn.
- Warden-Commander or The Warden- The Arl of Amaranthine and is the leader of the Grey Wardens. They are the leader of the group who fights against The Architect and The Mother.
- Mhairi- A Grey Warden who intoduces the new Arl at Vigil's Keep.
- Anders- An apostate who was being held at Vigil's Keep.
- Justice- A spirit of Justice who dwells in the Fade and tries to help people.
- Velanna- A Dalish elf who was supposed to be the "Keeper" of her people.
- Sigrun- A female dwarf who was a part of the Legion of the Dead.
- Oghren- A drunk warrior dwarf who now becomes a Grey Warden.
- Nathaniel Howe- Son of the late Arl Howe who attempted to kill the Commander.